Yesterday, we talked all about the changes — by way of Executive Actions and Orders — that President Trump made during his first week in office, so far. We’re leaving the opinions to you. And don’t get us wrong, we still are.
But another group altogether made their voices heard today: the entire Senior Staff of the U.S. State Department.
All members of the Senior Staff of the State Department resigned en masse (much to the dismay of President Trump’s cabinet pick for Secretary State, Rex Tillerson). So….what happened?
- Tillerson was getting a tour of the State Department headquarters this morning
- President Trump has been searching for a replacement for the current Undersecretary for Management, Patrick Kennedy
- While President Trump was in the process of looking for Kennedy’s replacement, Kennedy, along with the rest of the Senior Staff, resigned
- The Trump Administration is indicating that the Senior Staff members were “fired rather than quit”
We can raise a number of questions here based on the actions of these highly qualified State Department officials with years of political experience…
- Did the Staff Members not want to work under Tillerson — a highly controversial choice (though not yet confirmed) due in large part to his so-so attitude about climate change, his apparent “close ties” to Vladimir Putin and his advocacy of Common Core?
- Did the mass exodus of today have anything to do with the Executive Order signed to build the wall on the U.S.-Mexico Border?
- Or, perhaps, all of the changes that have been put in place in a very short amount of time?
What I am sure of is one thing: we probably won’t ever get the full story. We’ll hear one side from one news outlet leaning toward one political party and one from the complete other side.
We’re bombarded with “real news” and “fake news,” and the search for the truth has been lost. There will be talks of cover-ups and leaks and every other version of a story once an event such as this becomes public.
But I am also sure of something else: as I’ve learned just by virtue of running #NAMB, no one is successful alone, and President Trump is no different. He’ll be in for a rude awakening if this mass exodus is the first of many.
Disclaimer: The political views presented in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of Not Another Millennial Blog.